6 Nov 2011

Gaudi Nail art

Hey Everyone!

Today's nail art is very special and based on Antoni Gaudi's Architecture. I have visited Barcelona last month and iwas a wonderful experience, especially the art of Gaudi and his story, so I had a lot of inspiration!

Don't know Antoni Gaudi?! To find out more click here.


I want to represent the colorful tile pieces, which are present in his work and my color palette was inspired by "Casa Batló" (picture below).


These are the materials I used:


Nail Polish colors: white, green, purple, blue, blue light, orange light, yelow and top coat.
To make the "broken effect"for the tile pieces I used white acrilic paint and a very small brush.

Firstly you paint a white coat then use the nail polish brush to make an abstract drawing. It isn't very difficult because it doesn't have to be perfect. 

Using the small brush and the white acrylic paint you'll create the tile peaces. 

I applied this design on two nails and the other three I just created a strip using the same process. Don't forget that a good top coat is very important! 

It takes time, but it isn't difficult!


Give it a try and have a nice week!

4 comments:

  1. Percfect Job !!! COngratulations my friend !!! Miss you !!! G@P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this, is the second best, my favorite is the cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a milion G@P! I miss u 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ana! Ok, I know your favourite...I am going to make a post about it

    ReplyDelete